For those of you who are not familiar with Lush it is a handmade cosmetics and skincare store. They have anything you could want and then some! Many of their products are packaged in black pots, like above. When you have five empty pots they can be turned in for a free fresh face mask. As of now I only have three empty posts; so once this mask is empty and I have one more I will be able to turn them all in for a FREE one!
On the Lush website it is said to have these features.
- Gentle enough for everyone: Catastrophe is one of our best-selling masks because it’s gentle on all skin types.
- Ingredients: Deep-cleansing, nutrient-rich blueberries are packed with vitamins, and blended into calamine, rose absolute and chamomile blue oil to soothe redness, irritation and cleanse the skin without stripping it of its natural oils.
- Calm catastrophes: We use calamine powder for its calming and soothing effect. Use often for a smart skincare routine.
I have oily skin but with the winter in full swing I find that my cheeks have been drier and chapped. I chose this mask because of the calming effects it has to smooth my winter skin.
- I love the smell of this mask. It smells lightly of blueberries and chamomile. The fragrance is not overly ‘in your face’ which is good since the mask is on your face!
- I really liked how thick the mask was and hour I could actually see pieces of real blueberries in it.
- While the mask was on my face I felt a light soothing sensation. Specifically around my nose where I have dry skin.
- The mask left my skin extremely soft after taking it off.
- The mask was slightly watery in the bottom which made it looked separated.
- Mask became flaky after drying and due to this the mask was messy to remove.
Recommendations for Use
Before using the product you should mix the ingredients together to combine all the ingredients from the pot sitting in your fridge.
When using the product I would apply it to a damp face and let it sit for about 5 minutes. As the mask gets drier and drier remove before the flakes disperse everywhere.
When taking the mask off do so in a circular motion with warm water. Start at the bottom of your face and move your way up. Make sure your face is leaning over the sink to not get pieces on the floor.
Even though the mask flaked and was harder to removed once dry the lasting effects of the mask were worth it. Even days after wearing the mask I could feel that my face was soft and that my moisturizer absorbed well into my skin.
Have you tried a Lush face mask? Which one is your favorite??