With peaches in season there is nothing I like more! While visiting my parents last weekend we went to a farm with peach trees and were able to get a few!
In my curiosity to know more about peaches, other than that they are delicious, I found a few interesting facts!
1. The average peach is only 40 calories!
2. Peaches are rich in many vital minerals such as potassium, fluoride and iron.
3. There are 3 grams of fiber in the average peach.
4. Vitamin C in peaches helps skin health, particularly in anti-aging.
5. A peach contains beta carotene. This helps blood flow in the body and is known to promote strong vision for your eyes.
6. The skin of a peach has essential antioxidants which help the body in detoxing.
7. Peaches are low in fat and only have natural sugars. When eating peaches it can aid in controlling weight.
8. Peaches are high in Potassium. This is great for reducing inflammation, heartburn, and kidney disease.
9. Through a peaches antimicrobial and antioxidant activity it inhibits tumor growth.
10. Peaches have a positive effect on the scalp which helps reduce hair loss.