With June about to begin I am amazed that half of 2014 is almost gone! Where has the year gone??
It is never too late to try and work on breaking bad habits! Here are five I am trying to break in the next few months:
1. The first habit I am trying to break has to do with my prayer life. I find that when spending time with God I have been quickly thanking Him for the good and going right into asking. Asking for help. Asking for more. Asking for a solution. Asking for an answer to something. You name it.
I do not want my relationship with the Lord to be one of asking but to be thankful, rejoice in the good, pray for others, and overall not focus on just myself.
2. Skipping my workouts. Lately I have had no motivation to go to the gym and lots of excuses. Aside from still trying to lose weight, being active is so important for my overall health and longevity of life. With with warm weather here I want to try and take advantage of that and go for a run, swim, a long walk, and etc.
3. Letting my anxiety get the best of me has been an occurrence lately. I am so incredibly lucky to have such a patient husband who helps calm me down when I feel overwhelmed or OCD about things. But I want to be at a place of not even needing to calm down. I want to be able to think clearly when I feel the constricts of anxiety and move past it. This will be a hard one to break.
4. Biting my nails. With my anxiety I tend to bite my nails…constantly. This is not only unattractive to do but my nails are so short. As I work on my anxiety I want to quit biting my nails altogether. This weekend I plan on getting No Bite nail polish. The polish is supposed to be great at keeping people from biting because it tastes so bad! I hope it works for me.
5. Not washing my face at night is the last habit I am trying to break. Yes, I know that sounds gross but it is true. I have been so tired lately that I have been using face wipes to get most of the makeup and grime of the day off and then just crashing. Doing this is convenient but I am finding that I have been getting more breakouts. I want to get back into my nightly skincare routine. I can tell a difference in my skin and its appearance.
On a side note, I have broken one bad habit so far! My addiction to diet soda. For a long time I only drank regular soda so when I started drinking diet, because it is zero calories, I went a little overboard.
I used to “need” it at work every day and if not then than definitely at night! I have slowly been working on not drinking it. Which was hard, and yes there were caffeine withdraws, but I feel like I have finally broken it! I do not need it anymore!!
What habits are you trying to break?