Since revamping my skincare products and regime I have seen a tremendous improvement in my skin!
1. Be Consistent: Consistently is key! By doing the same routine every night it really allows your skin to get used to the products you are using and for the products to work the way they advertise. If you are just starting out with a new skincare routine give each product at least a month before changing things up!
2. Find Products that Work for YOU: What you put on your skin is so important. Be careful!
Know your skin type! This is so beneficial in picking products that will work for your problem areas or enhance great things about your skin. If you are unsure about what type of skin you have HERE is a survey to help you know more.
Do your research! For every product you find there are at least 100 reviews online. Read the reviews and see how people like the products. Ask friends and family you know what works for them as well.
Ask for samples! Samples are essential when purchasing new products. By testing out a new cream, face wash, or etc. you will know immediately if it irritates your skin. I cannot tell you how many times this has helped me!
3. Always Remove Your Makeup: This is a tip I am sure everyone has heard before but it must be done!! I know it is easy to get in a rut and not fully remove your makeup at night but it makes such a difference!
Lately, I have been using the Body Shop’s Camomile Cleansing Butter. It is perfect for my skin because it removes ALL of my makeup and is so gentle and soft. I find that it keeps my skin moisturized as well.
4. Healthy Diet: Whenever I am eating healthy my skin looks so much better! With Spring here, and Summer around the corner, there are tons of veggies and fruits in season! These foods are full of antioxidants that help keep your skin looking young and healthy.
5. Sleep: Sleep is the secret weapon to almost anything. When you have slept your whole mood and body looks and feels different! Don’t skip out on those much needed hours!
My Nightly Skincare Regime
Below are the products that I have been using the past couple of months!
One aspect of my skin I have been trying to work on consistently is to keep it moisturized. This was a harsh winter but I found some great products that really worked to keep my skin from feeling dry and looking ‘flaky’.
Since buying some Origins products in February I have been hooked!!
These two are my go to products every night to keep my skin looking supple and bright!