For those of you who are not familiar with Lush it is a handmade cosmetics and skincare store. They have anything you could want and then some! Many of their products are packaged in black pots, like above. When you have five empty pots they can be turned in for a free fresh face mask. In January I finally had five black empty pots to return to Lush. This is my second free one from Lush so far!
On the Lush website it is said to have these features.
- Banish dirt and excess oil: Ideal for those with combination to oily skin, or those who want a deep cleansing mask.
- Can you handle it? Brazened Honey is very stimulating for the skin.
- Deep clean for your skin: We use ginger root extract in Brazened Honey to warm and cleanse the skin.
I have oily skin and always need a deep clean so thought it would be the perfect one to try out. I got about 5 uses out of the mask which is great because it was free!! Buy I would not mind paying for any of the Lush masks because I find them cheaper than most. I would spend more money buying a single use mask at Walmart for a $1.50 than buying the one at Lush.
- The smell is heavenly. It is not as sugary sweet as honey, but just as nice. What is even better is the smell lingers on your skin long after the face mask is gone.
- It really did give my skin a deep clean. It was not as rough as some face masks but I liked that aspect.
- The creamy texture felt like it was moisturizing as well as cleaning.
- Lasted longer than any other fresh face mask, from Lush, that I have had.
- It left my skin feeling as if it was moisturized and I did not need to apply any moisturizer after using it.
- After having it for about two weeks it became dry in the pot.
I would give this face mask a 4 out of 5. It always felt great to use and left my skin feeling clean and smelling amazing. There was some trouble when It dried in the pot because it became sponge-like and was harder to put on my face. But with adding a little water to the pot it gave it some ‘life’ back.
When using the product I would apply it to a damp face and let it sit for about 10 minutes or when you noticed it is dry.
When taking the mask off do so in a circular motion with warm water. As I did this it always become thinner and thinner on my skin; almost like a lotion consistency.
Have you tried a Lush fresh face mask? Which one is your favorite?