As I saw the weather report get worse and worse for our area I was quite excited! Mostly because that meant a snow day!
When I think of a snow day I want to curl up on the couch with a good book, hot chocolate, and a bunch of food.
With the refrigerator 10 feet away from me I have little self control. When I am at work I have a schedule. I know when I eat breakfast, snacks, and my lunch.
Not Falling off the Bandwagon
On this snow day I am determined to stay within my points! I have already planned what I am having for the day. This really helps to not make those random trips in front of the fridge with a blank stare and randomly grabbing.
- One Egg mixed with 1/3 Cup of Egg Whites
- Garlic (Don’t hate, it is one of my favorite veggies.)
- Shredded Carrots
- Feta Cheese
Snacks for the Day
- Cheese Stick
- Mini bag of popcorn- This is 3 points and so good. Perfect for a snow day when I am watching TV and craving chips.
- 25 Calorie Hot Chocolate- I am addicted to this stuff lately! It tastes really great and hits the spot when I am crazing sweats.
With Weight Watchers fruits and veggies are zero points. So if I do get hungry, I have some extra options for zero point snacks ready to go.
- Frozen Mango
- Celery Sticks
- Cucumber Wedges
- Green Beans
- 1/2 a cup of rice
- Progresso Light Chicken Noodle Soup
- Grilled Cheese- Two pieces of whole wheat toast, spray butter, and a slice of cheddar cheese.
This is the perfect dinner for a snow day. It is also some comfort food to look forward to if I want to slip during the day.
What do you like to eat on a Snow Day?